Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Horse Soccer!

It's been a while since my last post. Probably because not much is happening around here! The weather has taken a turn for the better and it's gotten cooler. 50 at night and 80 during the day!!

I joined the Arizona horse soccer league in October. I took my daughter's horse, Blaze, for the first few times to see how I would like it. Well, I LOVE it! On November 2nd, I took Hollywood, too and just let him loose in the arena while we played soccer. He was a bit frightened of the ball when it got too close, otherwise, he was fine. Then, on the 9th, I took only Hollywood. He kicked the ball a few times with me when I was on the ground. When the group started running, I mounted up and Hollywood just wanted to stay behind the pack. So, we chased the other horses, not the ball. Again, when the ball got to close, Hollywood would get a little nervous and try to run away. I kept his head pointed towards the ball and that seemed to help.

I wasn't able to go on the 16th (yesterday) so on Sunday (the 15th) my daughters rode their horses and kicked the ball around a bit in the round pen. I think my girls like soccer! I'm hoping I will be able to bring them over Christmas break.

Now, for the best part. Hollywood is doing great! I haven't ridden him much, just want him to heal. I took him to a Halloween "Spook" clinic on the 11th, Veterans Day. We have done the obstacles before so not much bothered him. It wasn't a riding clinic so we just did a ton of ground work. I'm hoping to ride him this week and see how he does. I don't anticipate any soreness. His trimmer came out on the 9th and said his heels are in the acceptable range and that he can now be trimmed every 6 weeks instead of every 3 weeks! YEA!!

That's it for now! Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment