Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another sucessful trim! Week 9

My trimmer was out on Monday (yesterday) to check out Hollywood. He was at his 3 week trim but only his toe needed to be trimmed up a bit with a mustand roll. His heels are looking good, too! I am so pleased that things are going so well. He is still a bit stiff in his shoulders walking down into the washes but I'm going to give him a few more weeks to see if he doesn't improve.

Last week I rode Hollywood two days in a row. I thought he'd be sore after the first day but it was all good. We rode for 45 minutes each day and worked on his speed control. Hollywood LOVES to run so he was reved up and ready to go when we went into a lope. I waited until he wanted to stop before we went back to a trot. I haven't loped him since May so I am surprised that he was so easy to control!

I'm going to ride him again on Thursday. We'll see what happens!

Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment