Monday, October 5, 2009

Great Weekend!

I had a great weekend! Now that the weather is cooling down, my girls and I are able to ride during the day. Yea!!

I rode Hollywood at a walk bareback on Saturday while my oldest ran laps around us. I guess all my desensitizing work last year with Hollywood paid off!!!!

Sunday, my oldest decided it was time to desensitize her horse to gun shot noise. Since dad was home, she thought a cap gun could do the trick. (There is NO way dad would let her near a BB gun much less a real gun!) We had a blast! She handled that horse very well. I have never seen him move out so fast. He is a typical kids horse and his lope is as slow as it gets.

Of course, during all of this commotion, Hollywood fell asleep. He really didn't want to be a part of it.

After my daughter's horse got tired loping around (a whopping 5 minutes), he decided that the noise wasn't going to kill him and he calmed down. I decided to try out my daughter's english saddle and trotted around with her. Hollywood did great. I didn't notice any pain in his front feet but we only did a few laps around the turnout.

He was a tiny bit stiff this morning so I soaked his feet (still having some thrush issues), gave him some pain reliver and he's as good as new. I have to admit that I like soaking his back feet because of the way he shakes his feet and takes huge steps!! Ha!

Get out there and enjoy the weather!

Make it a great day.......

No comments:

Post a Comment